Whether you’ve had your Jeep Wrangler for years or you’re considering buying one, it’s always helpful to know all your options. After all, there are so many bells and whistles you can get to customize your Jeep to make it a perfect fit for your personality and daily life.
It’s also beneficial to know the pros and cons of all of the various accessories for your vehicle. One of the main options you’ll probably think of first is what type of top you want: hardtop or soft top. While both have their advantages and disadvantages, you may find that a specific Jeep soft top replacement better suits your everyday needs.
Do Soft Tops Enhance Your Jeep Experience?
If you already have a soft top, it could benefit you to upgrade to a better quality or one with more features. Soft tops have many benefits that Wrangler owners may not have considered.
- They’re affordable: Soft tops are much more affordable than hardtops, starting at around $200.
- They’re convenient: Removing and replacing a soft top is simple. If you’re going topless and it begins raining, you can quickly put the top on before everything gets soaked.
- They’re versatile: Soft tops are much more flexible and lighter weight than hardtops. Therefore, removing and replacing are much less awkward jobs.
- They’re easy to store: The flexibility of soft tops also makes them easy to fold up and put in your Jeep when you are going topless or using a hardtop.
Choosing the Right Soft Top Material
Soft tops come in different materials, and each has its upside. The choice solely depends on your preferences and how you use your Jeep.
Each fabric is great for different reasons, so the ideal option for one person may be far less than ideal for another.
- Denim soft tops such as the Bestop SuperTop NX Jeep soft top are some of the most affordable on the market. They offer excellent durability and UV resistance, typically weighing between 18 and 23 ounces. Denim is made of a mix of vinyl-coated polyester and cotton.
- Sailcloth is an excellent sturdy fabric consisting of three layers for weatherproofing, noise reducing and reinforcement. It has a 28-ounce density.
- Twill is considered the best material for a soft top with three layers and 30 ounce thick. Twill provides the best noise reduction and insulation from the elements. It’s also the most durable, although it beats sailcloth in flexibility. Twill is recommended for people whose Jeep is their primary vehicle. Twill features superior noise reduction for highway driving and stands up well to any weather condition.
- Vinyl was originally the soft top material for the earlier Wranglers. Many Jeep owners love the classic appearance that vinyl provides with its smooth, sheen finish. They’re made to be weather-resistant and are usually 18 ounces, lighter than other materials, yet still durable and weather- and UV-resistant. Vinyl isn’t as noise resistant as other fabrics, but it’s generally the least expensive option.
When you’re ready to modify your Jeep Wrangler with some fantastic upgrades, check out a reputable online dealer of Jeep accessories. From a variety of tops to a Rough Country suspension, you’ll be equipped to take to the highway, or off-road if you want a greater challenge.
I am a passionate blogger having 5 years of experience in blogging and digital marketing. I have started List Absolute in 2018 to give my passion a live platform. I have also good hand in writing unique and quality content. Here I contribute in my free time. Thanks for reading. Let me know if I can help you get your work done in a timely manner.