UK Student Visas

UK student visas

You will need a valid UK Student visa to study in the UK. UK Student Visas can be of short-term or for long-term depending on the nature of your academic course. Common categories of UK Student visa include;

  • Tier 4 General Student Visa
  • Tier 4 Child Student Visa
  • Short-term study visa

Visit the above visa categories to learn more about student visas in the UK.

Settled Status

Settled Status in the UK refers to the immigration status granted to eligible EU, EEA, and Swiss citizens, as well as their family members, who were living in the UK before the end of the Brexit transition period (December 31, 2020).

It allows individuals to continue living and working in the UK without any immigration restrictions. Settled Status is part of the UK government’s EU Settlement Scheme, which was introduced to protect the rights of EU citizens and their family members residing in the UK after Brexit.

Once granted Settled Status, individuals are granted the right to stay indefinitely in the UK and enjoy various benefits and services.

Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK is an immigration status that grants an individual the right to live and work in the country without any time restrictions.

ILR is also known as settlement or permanent residency. It allows individuals to stay in the UK for an indefinite period and provides them with a wide range of benefits, such as access to public funds, healthcare, and education.

Student visas in the UK

Student visas in the UK are designed for individuals who wish to study at a recognized educational institution in the country. The main type of student visa in the UK is the Tier 4 (General) student visa. Here are some key points about student visas in the UK:

  • Eligibility: To be eligible for a student visa, you must have an offer of a place from a licensed educational institution in the UK, be able to speak, read, write, and understand English, and have enough funds to cover your tuition fees and living expenses.
  • Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS): Before applying for a student visa, you will need a unique reference number called a CAS, which is issued by your chosen educational institution. The CAS confirms that you have been offered a place on a course of study.
  • Financial Requirements: You will need to provide evidence that you have enough money to support yourself during your studies in the UK. The specific amount required depends on your individual circumstances and the duration of your course.
  • English Language Proficiency: Most students will need to demonstrate their English language proficiency by taking an approved English language test, such as the IELTS (International English Language Testing System).
  • Health Insurance: As an international student, you may be required to pay the immigration health surcharge to access the UK’s National Health Service (NHS) during your stay.
Share this..

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *